Cheers to spending the holidays together! From family gatherings over a turkey and cozy cocktails by the fireplace to ringing in the New Year in your sweatpants and everything in between — our flock has a cocktail for every occasion this holiday season. Celebrate with these recipes by our cocktail experts!
GIVE THANKS, GET DRANKS
A riff off of William J. Tarling’s 1937 The Lion’s Tale from the Café Royal Cocktail Book by Jake Parry. A delicious take on a fall whiskey sour. The allspice dram blends with the smokey Scotch to bring you to a cool fall night, sitting around the campfire with your friends and loved ones. It will warm you up, while still staying bright enough with the lime to be a refreshing sipper!
- 1.75 oz Pearse Lyons Reserve Whiskey
- 0.75 oz Lime Juice
- 0.5 oz Honey Syrup
- 0.25 oz St. Elizabeth’s Allspice Dram
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
For Honey Syrup
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Water
- To make honey syrup: boil water, add honey and stir until fully dissolved.
- Add all ingredients to a shaker tin. Shake and strain into a couple glass and garnish with a lime wheel.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! HAVE A COCKTAIL
A CARD FOR ROSEMARY
Need a drink to celebrate with this holiday season? Look no further than this cranberry spritz! Rosemary and cardamom blend perfectly with cranberry to remind you of the holiday meals we often enjoy in this season. Then, we add sparkling blanc de blanc to top everything off, just perfect for a refreshing holiday toast!
- 1 oz Cranberry-Infused Castle & Key Gin
- 0.5 oz Lime Juice
- 0.25 oz Rosemary/Cardamom Syrup
- 2 oz Pierre Delize Blanc de Blanc Brut
For Cranberry Infused Gin
- 750 ml Castle and Key Gin
- 1/2 cup of muddled Cranberry
For Rosemary Cardamom Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup lightly chopped Rosemary
- 1/4 cup muddled Cardamom
- 1 Lime, peeled
- For Cranberry Infused Gin: Combine ingredients, let steep for 1 hour, strain and discard all solids.
- For Rosemary Cardamom Syrup: Add sugar and water to pot and bring to a boil. Add all other ingredients, lower to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes, strain and discard all solid ingredients.
- Add all ingredients except champagne into a shaker tin. Shake and strain into a champagne
flute. Garnish with a sugar rim and rosemary sprig.
NEW YEAR, DO YOU
INTO THE WOODS
This is our black walnut Manhattan. It consists of a delicious black walnut liquor that plays as a bittersweet vermouth. It is rich in fall flavors and the nuttiness starts bitter and finishes very sweet. This cocktail is sure to make any booze-forward cocktail drinker happy, and maybe even turn some into a booze-forward fan!
- 2 oz Bourbon of your choice
- 1 oz Watershed Nocino
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers Black Walnut bitters
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass. Stir thoroughly (about 60 rotations) and strain into a coupe. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Trying one of these recipes at-home?
Share with us on social by using hashtags #Cocktailswith21c
Check out our full 21c Holiday Cocktail Book here.